Hi! I'm a Berlin-based software engineer.
I've built things with Node, React, Redux, Elixir, Ruby, Rails, and PHP/MySQL.
I'm interested in developing sustainable web applications, robust RESTful APIs, playing with emerging technologies, functional programming languages (in particular MLs and Lisps), test-driven development, and responsive HTML/CSS interfaces.
I'm on Github and Linkedin.
See my full resume →
Skills and Tools
Things I've Made
SlipmatSingle-page web application using Rails as an API for a single-page app.
- Hand-rolled secure Rails user auth with Omniauth
- RESTful, namespaced API routes with nested JSON templating
- Import utility makes use of Discogs API to construct seed data
- AWS-integrated file upload using Paperclip and Figaro
ActiveRecordLiteRuby ORM built for SQLite
- Replicates core functionality of ActiveRecord::Base and ActiveRecord::Relation
- AR::Relation search parameters are stackable and lazily evaluated
- Implements SQL associations including has_many, belongs_to and has_one: :through
TikTakAnonymous forum engine built on Rails 4
- BSS-style assets include private messaging, quoting, e-mail auth and password resets
- Integrates with Google reCAPTCHA API for spam control
- Robust admin options include IP blacklisting, moderation and shadowbanning
- Full RSpec and Capybara unit / integration test suite
Chess SuiteRuby chess and checkers suite developed for CLI
- ChessUtils module and class inheritance structure DRY up code
- Checkers AI depth-first searches move tree to determine best possible move sequence
- Custom-built CLI parser enables UI with algebraic chess notation
- Implements core gameplay using jQuery events and DOM manipulation
- Smooth rendering engine only redraws changing portions of the screen
- Snake AI implements adapted A* algorithm to find apple